Sunday, April 14, 2013


4/14/13 Sunday 3:12-4:33 pm MB

Scully Road NLT fire road, Somers CT
Overcast and blustery.

Network of fire roads and trails and easy to get lost. Skirted ridge of Bald Mt and down around to old cellar holes. Made my way up and down muddy and rubble strewn tracks to housing development and turned back before I got really lost, I did not want to end up on the other side of Somers Mt. A nice stream flowed between two ridges and I stopped at a pool. I did not spend a lot of time reflecting or taking pictures and jamming down the mountain to release tension and be aggressive with the terrain made for a great work out. The sun began to shine as I made my way back to abandoned hunting cottage and down to Scully Road.

A lady at Geissler's Supermarket in Somers asked me in the parking lot after seeing my muddy bike asked where I went mountain biking. I told her and that the conditions were in fact muddy, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. She mentioned trying Robinson State Park in Agawam.

No comments:

Post a Comment